Monday, June 17, 2013

On Being as Careful as I Can Be, Seriously, I Care

Doing this background checking for the whole world was truly a wonderful and enlightening experience! Many times did I leap or shout out wide-eyed in excitement discovering some new connection or being shocked by the variety in things like population density and religiosity in countries I could barely have found on a map before. Fascinating stuff, the world *is* incredible.


The reason why I care so much though, is because *all* of these countries have governments and dynamics and 100s of thousands or millions of people. 

People who live and care and have fully functioning brains and lives. As this is the case I’m not going to be dismissive of any country and make every best effort to represent every nation as fairly as possible. 

I’ve been wanting to mention that as every time I’ve felt even a moment of doubt or started getting blasé (Cape Verde I’m looking at you) I’ve thought: “Wow, ½ million people live there! I wonder what it’s like for them?” and been able to continue to be as careful as I can be.



View of downtown Mindelo en Baía do Porto Grande, São Vicente.

No comments:

Post a Comment